Friday, January 21, 2011

31 Days of Simple Blessings: Day 8-Simple Thank You Letter

So, when is the last time you wrote someone a heartfelt thank you letter? I'm talking, took the time to hand write, seal the envelope, stamp and actually mail it out. Not email or text-I mean dropped it in the mailbox snail mail style.

I recently received a thank you letter from someone very near to my heart and it totally caught me off guard and made my day. The letter was so sweet and sincere that I've been carrying it around since receiving it. So now, it's your turn to put a smile on someone's face.

I like to buy blank cards & add use stickers to personalize it for different occassions.      

8 Simple Steps to Writing a Thank You Letter

1) Think of a person that's touched your life and jot down the main purpose for choosing them. (Ie: gift, assistance, friendship, relationship, lesson, job, etc)

2) Start with a clean piece of paper.

3) Put the full date in the upper right hand corner (Example: 1/20/11)

4) Dear _______________,

5) Open your letter by expressing your appreciation and purpose of the letter. (Example: I'm writing this letter because I wanted to let you know just how much I appreciate.....)

6) Continue to share your thoughts and how this person's actions have made you feel. (Example: Having you in my life has made me feel.....)

7) Wrap up the letter by giving a quick update on your life, family, etc. (Example: Things are great on my end. Lately I've been.....)

8) Sign off (Example: Love, ___________)


I'd love to hear some of the people that you're thankful for!! Please share!!
Photobucket

No comments: