|I'm in love!! Our beautiful casserole dish & cookbook!!|
My sister-in-law is one of those people that always picks out the most perfect gifts. This past Christmas, she
I've been itching to make one of the recipes and finally got around to making the Bourbon Chicken last night. This dish is excellent with rice (fried, white or brown).
Hope that you enjoy it as much as we did!!
Bourbon Street Chicken
Marinated chicken in a Bourbon-ginger sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce 1/2 cup bourbon *
1/2 cup packed brown sugar 1 pound chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 2 tablespoons of white wine
1 teaspoon ground ginger **
2 tablespoons of onion flakes ( I used fresh diced onions)
*- I substituted 1/4 cup vanilla extract & 1/4 cup water for the bourbon
**-I substituted cinnamon for the ginger
1. Do ahead. Whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, ginger, onion flakes & bourbon. Pour over the chicke pieces in a bowl and marinate in the fridge for 4 hours, stirring occassionally.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Transfer the chicken to a baking pan and arrange in a single layer. Pour any remaining marinade over the chicken pieces and bake for 1 hour, stirring and basting wiht hte marinade about every 10 minutes.
4. When the chicken is coked through, transfer it to a plate and keep warm. Transfer contents of the dish to a skilllet and add the white wine.
5. Simmer for 5 minutes; serve warm.