Thursday, January 20, 2011

31 Days of Simple Blessings: Day 7-Snow Ice Cream Recipe

Where does time go? This was December 08! Wow!

One of the things I love most about growing up in the Midwest is Snow Days!! I have some fun memories of my siblings and I staying outside until we just about froze-running around the neighborhood building snow forts and having snowball battles with the other kids on our block. Then coming back inside for a steamy cup of hot cocoa and marshmallows. My mom's the best!

So, it's a beautiful snowy day here in Indy. I'm way past running around our neighborhood building forts and such (we're sitting by the fireplace in our pjs), but I did want to do something yummy on this wintery day. My 5-year old Kanon suggested we make some Snow Ice Cream. This brought back old memories-our dad used to make this for us when we were little. Time flies!

Enjoy the recipe (from About.com) and please share any of your fun snow-filled memories!!


How to Make Snow Ice Cream
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • CLEAN Snow
Preparation:
Go outside and get 4 - 5 cups of fresh, clean snow. Don't pack the snow! Bring it in the house and set it in the freezer until you need it.
Mix together the milk, vanilla, and the sugar. Stir this mixture until the sugar is dissolved. Slowly add the snow to your mixture, stirring constantly, until it is as thick as ice cream! Eat up!





Photobucket



  

1 comment:

CRLYQ22 said...

YUM! I definitely plan on doing that with Micah when he is old enough to do it... ;0D xoxo