Friday, February 11, 2011

From crib-to-toddler bed: Kolt's Big Boy Room Inspiration

He's sprouting two new teeth, starting to stand up all by himself and he'll be walking any day now. So, I've started compiling ideas for his toddler/big boy room!! He'll be making the transition from his tiny nursery, into the room next to Kanon's-so this will be a major change!

We're still a few months away, but I like to stay ahead of the game!!

Here are a few of the cute things I'd  love to decorate it with!!

Furniture: Although our current crib converts to a toddler bed, I'm actually thinking about selling it and buying a toddler bed in a darker finish. I love the espresso sleigh bed below!! I'm also loving the bookcase-so perfect!! Both are available at JC Penney.
Toddler Bed by ABC Company-JC Penney

Help Yourself Bookcase-JC Penney
Espresso Madison 7-Drawer Chest-JC Penney


 Bedding: Of course, bedding is one of the most important aspects of his big boy room. I actually already purchased a sports themed toddler bedding set (found it on Clearance at Target), but I'm not sure that I want his room to be so similar to Kanon's.

Soo...I love both styles below, but am actually leaning towards the Dr. Seuss bedding since it'll be educational & decorative at the same time.

 

Dr Seuss Toddler bedding set-Kohls & Amazon.com
 
Dwell Studio For Target Bedding Set-Amazon.com
Accessories: This will be the easy part, especially with the Dr. Seuss theme! I'd like to put random letters and shapes around theroom to coordinate with the bedding set. I love that it'll not only be cute, but educational as well! Plus, it'd be easy to frame some old Dr. Seuss covers and use them to decorate the room too!
Trend Lab ABC Dr Seuss frames-Amazon.com

 
Paint: We haven't painted any rooms in our house yet (needed to wait for our 12-month drywall and paint touch up-which should be done by the end of next week), so I'm itching, just itching to get some color in the boys bedrooms. Kanon's room will be first, then I'll tackle Kolton's room.


Brandon Beige-Benjamin Moore paints


Seedling-Benjamin Moore Paints

Sweet Daphne-Benjamin Moore Paints

So, I know that I'm just a bit ahead of the game...but I'm looking forward to transforming his room! The goal is to have his room completed before August! That gives me 6 months to ponder & plan!! I will definitely share his new big boy room once it's ready!!

Thanks for popping by!! I'd love to hear your thoughts on Kolt's big boy room inspiration!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Carly said...

SO, I'm actually loving that very same toddler bed for Micah. Only I found it at target.com. I wonder what the price difference is. I will be looking into that. Let me know if you find it first! ;0D