Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowed In: A Little Living Room Rearranging

Oh, what a day it's been! School's closed and my hubby didn't have to go to work (yee-haw)! What's a girl to do...a little living room rearranging!

When we built our house, we thought that a corner fireplace was a great idea. Guess we had to learn the hard way, because trying to decorate & arrange furniture is darn near impossible. For now, I'm happy with the way that things are set up. It's much more comfortable and inviting than it was before.



We all have those rooms in our homes that we just don't quite know what to do with. And I did mention that due to celebrating our one year anniversary of being in our new house, I'm really starting to get the itch to start making changes-so this was just the start.

My Living Room Wish List

1. A beautiful new coat of paint. I'm getting tired of our softer tan (AKA builder beige) walls. While the color is better than plain old white, I'm ready to add a bit of warmth to our walls. Love the gorgeous warm gray pictured in this Restoration Hardware gallery. I'm also in love with this creamy Benjamin Moore Cape May Cobblestone.

I also plan to paint our uber colorful end tables a simpler dark brown or black so they blend in.


Benjamin Moore Cape May Cobblestone
2. Cozy coffee table



Cheswick Table from http://www.potterybarn.com/
 

Chantel Dark Brown Square Leather Coffee Table Ottoman from http://www.dcgstores.com/

Maxwell Storage Ottoman with drawer from World Market

3. New artwork: This is not much of a priority for the Living Room-since I've got every wall pretty well covered. But, I've been pretty intrigued by Subway Art and think it would add a nice, funky touch to our space. I also have a thing for neat looking clocks & the one pictured below is no exception. I'm in love-but my head hurts just thinking about dropping $200 for one. Ouch! Maybe it'll go on sale!!
Erin Powley Subway Art from World Market
Grandiose Wall Clock from Pier One Imports
4. New Furniture: I was impatient and wanted furniture the day we shopped for it. If I could do things all over again, I would've been more patient and would've waited it out. I'm normally not a leather person, but I love this Sebring Collection from The Room Place & also really like their oh so neutral Uptown Collection!

Uptown V Collection from The Room Place
The Sebring Collection from The Room Place

Well, that's about it for now! I'm sure that we'll be moving things around and making more changes soon-and when we do, I'll be sure to post new pics!

I'd love to hear your living room wish lists! If money were no object, what would you like to change about your space?
Photobucket

1 comment:

Ky said...

I believe the World Market painting is on sale.. I was just in the store this weekend.