Friday, February 4, 2011

Laundry/Mud Room Design Inspiration

View of the door leading into garage
 We've been in our house for just over a year so I'm starting to get the itch to redecorate! One of the places I'd love to start is the laundry/mudroom area.

We absolutely love our floorplan-but this is probably the only sore spot. I'd love, love, love to have a more functional and eye-pleasing space.

My issues with our current setup are:

1) It's just so plain jane (vinyl) vanilla- I would love to jazz it up with some color to give it a whole new personality.

2) Oh-did I mention that our laundry/mudroom also doubles as a utility room. It's awful and hard to work around. I'm not sure why the builder didn't finish or somehow cover everything, but we are left with a big furnace, water heater, some plumbing and other misc stuff in this room.

Utility mess-argh!!!

3) Eventually I would love to replace the wire shelf with a nice cabinet, but I'll have to live with it for a while.

Modulars being used as shoe storage


















Laundry area


My Laundry/Mudroom Wish List

1) A bit of color for the walls! I'm loving the warmth of these Benjamin Moore paint colors. Faves are: Nantucket Gray & Providence Olive.



Benjamin Moore Paint colors

Benjamin Moore Paint Colors

California Closets

2) Furniture & Built Ins: It would be lovely to have some structure and order in this room by adding shoe cubbies, personalized hooks (to hang coats & bags) and a bench! Be still my heart-I love, love, love how organized and beautiful these mudroom/entry areas look! I hope to replicate something similar! Soon!
 



My hope is to tackle this room during before Spring officially arrives....the clock is ticking!!

What rooms in your home are eyesores that you'd like to makeover? Please share.
Photobucket

No comments: