Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What's Your Decorating Personality??

Have you ever wondered what your decorating personality is? Don't you think that knowing might help you stay focused and decorate your space in the best possible way? I'm a bit of a quiz junkie-blame it on all of the teen magazines I read while growing up!

I stumbled upon this decorating quiz from Real Simple Magazine! According to the quiz, my decorating personality is a mix between cozy casual & vintage eclectic.

Cozy Casual room from Real Simple
My old living room-definitely Cozy Casual with a touch of Vintage Eclectic

Descriptions from Real Simple:

Cozy Casual: You’re about comfort and warmth, favoring warm, traditional rooms made for relaxing with family and friends. Your ideal decor draws on English and early-American furniture designs, as well as laid-back country, cottage, and farmhouse styles. Weathered, low-maintenance furnishings are easy, inviting, and built for daily life. Think golden retrievers, fuzzy slippers, and just about any movie by Nancy Meyers.

Vintage Eclectic: You go for history, quirks, and curves. A rich, layered look combining flea-market finds, furniture designs from various time periods, and a diverse collection of accessories and artwork appeals to you. Dusty colors, timeworn or handmade textiles, and collected objects create a lived-in feel. Think Paris flea markets, Granny’s teacups, the film Grey Gardens.

Based on the descriptions, I think I lean more towards cozy casual-Iand love things that are just comfy & cozy. I also love things that are layered & eclectic (rugs, different colors & textures)

Click the link to take the test! I'd love to hear what your decorating personality is!

Enjoy!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Ky said...

Tauja, the decorating gene is not present in my DNA :(