Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Outdoor Wish List

As much as I love the coziness of being indoors during the snowy winter months, I have had about enough of it! I'm tired of bundling up and dark, gray days. I am so ready for Spring. To celebrate the beginning of Spring, I wanted to share with you my Outdoor Wish List!!


It's not much, but just a few fun things to spruce up our outdoor spaces! I think that one of my favorite things about warmer weather is being able to spend time outdoors instead of being cooped up inside.




Cleve planters from Crate & Barrel

1. Big Beautiful Planters: I'm really wanting to add pops of color outside. Last year we had a couple of small apple green planters, but this year I'd like to kick things up a notch with bigger planters in a bolder hue.


2. Pergola: Although I love our new house, I kind of miss the coziness of our teeny backyard at my old house. It was so easy to maintain and was the perfect size-just enough space.

We bought the pergola at Lowe's for around $450 and decided it would've been too much of a hassle to disassemble it, so we left it behind-of course it was another huge selling point & the new owner's are enjoying it!

We've priced out cedar pergolas but the most reasonable one we've found is around $700 which is beyond our budget for this year.


3. New Patio furniture: We still have the teak furniture pictured above and it's going on 4 years old. Although it's holding up well, I would love to get some fancy new furniture. I've had my eye on chairs similar to this Crate & Barrel Ventura Lounge Chair or the Red Adirondack chair.       
Since buying new outdoor furniture can get pricey, an inexpensive way to revamp your outdoor space is to buy new cushions & pillows! I've had my eye on a few really cute styles at Kohls & JCPenney that range from $10-40.

Happy Spring everyone! What would you love to add to your outdoor space?

Thanks for popping by!!

Photobucket

No comments: