Monday, October 17, 2011

Tazo Zen tea & Pumpkin-Cranberry Pecan Bread Recipe

There was a time when I was truly addicted to Starbuck's. I'd go there once, twice and sometimes three times a day. Chai tea lattes, Grande Zen tea, Pumpkin loaf....you name it!! That habit got a bit pricey so I've changed my ways.

I now purchase the same tea that they sell at Starbucks (Tazo Zen) at either Target or Walmart. It's a delicious green tea with lemongrass & spearmint-oh so tasty with honey & cream. I now pay around $3 for a box of 20 tea bags vs. paying $2-$3 for a single cup!

And I now make my own breads--which saves me big time!! I recently found the most delish  Pumpkin Cranberry-Pecan Bread recipe at MyBlessedLife.http://www.myblessedlife.net This will definitely be my go-to recipe this Fall!! Click here for a link to the recipe!! Hers is a blog worth checking out-it's amazing and inspirational!!


Pumpkin-Cranberry Pecan Bread
  • 2 1/3 cup flour {I use spelt}
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar {I reduced this from 2 cups}
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
  • 1 can (15 oz) solid pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup applesauce {I used cinnamon applesauce}
  • 4 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/4 cup craisins
*I followed this recipe but added 1/2 cup of brown sugar too!!

Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl. In another bowl, combine pumpkin, oil, applesauce, eggs and water. Mix well. Stir wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients, just until combined. Fold in pecans and craisins.
Spoon into two loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Enjoy!
Photobucket

No comments: