Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Delish Dishes: Raisin-Bran Pineapple Muffins Recipe


My beautiful grandmother has always made the very best muffins! As kids, we always looked forward to visiting her in Abilene, Texas and loved waking up to the smell of her oh-so delish Raisin Bran Muffins!!

When I became a mom, I asked her for the recipe so that I can treat my kiddos to the same muffins that I grew up loving!!

Be warned-these muffins are absolutely addicting!!!


Ingredients:
1 15-oz box of Raisin Bran Cereal
4 cups of sugar
5 cups of flour
2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
4 eggs beaten
1 cup salad oil
1/2 quart buttermilk
1 large 20 oz can of Crushed Pineapples

1) Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.

2) Mix together cereal, sugar, flour, baking soda and salt.  Add beaten eggs, oil, buttermilk & pineapple. Mix well.

3) Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 15-20 minutes.

4) Enjoy!!!
*Store unused Muffin batter in a covered bowl in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.

These muffins are great when topped with butter or cream cheese and served with hot tea or coffee!! Sometimes I also add extra raisins-the golden ones are delish!!

Hope you enjoy these as much as our family does!!!

Thanks for popping by!!
Photobucket

No comments: