1) Spray paint the canvas-edges too. I used Rustoleum's American Accents in Espresso.
2) While it dries, print or grab a photo you'd like to use. Mine was printed on regular paper in black & white.
2) After allowing it to dry for an hour or so, I used Mod Podge to adhere the picture to the canvas. Once it dried, I used paint to place my boys handprints on the canvas.
3) I got a bit sticker happy, but the quote that I knew I wanted to use was; "Any man can be a father, but it takes a special person to be a dad". -Anne Geddes
4) Once the handprints dried for a few hours, I applied Mod Podge to seal everything and give it a nice sheen.
Ta-dah...it's a cute and simple (and affordable) Father's Day gift that my dear hubby will cherish for years and years to come!! It's a sentimental piece that he'll likely hang in his office to remind him how much he's loved!
I'd like to give a Father's Day shout out to my wonderful husband! He truly is everything I could ever want in a man and a terrific father to our boys. I hope that they both grow up to be as amazing as he is!!! My boys and I are so blessed to have him!! Love you honey!!
I'd love to hear your Father's Day plans and gift ideas! Thanks for popping by!!