Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy Father's Day Canvas Art Gift

I know that I seem to be all about Canvas art lately and in celebration of Father's Day weekend, I'd like to share yet another easy peasy canvas Father's Day gift idea.

I'm all for skipping cheesy (and expensive) cards and creating something sentimental and special for different occassions. Luckily, I had all of the supplies on hand (canvas, scrapbook paper, spray paint, acrylic paint and letter stickers). 

Simple Steps to Creating your own Canvas Father's Day gift 

1) Spray paint the canvas-edges too. I used Rustoleum's American Accents in Espresso.

2) While it dries, print or grab a photo you'd like to use. Mine was printed on regular paper in black & white.

2) After allowing it to dry for an hour or so, I used Mod Podge to adhere the picture to the canvas. Once it dried, I used paint to place my boys handprints on the canvas.

3) I got a bit sticker happy, but the quote that I knew I wanted to use was; "Any man can be a father, but it takes a special person to be a dad". -Anne Geddes

4) Once the handprints dried for a few hours, I applied Mod Podge to seal everything and give it a nice sheen.

Ta-dah...it's a cute and simple (and affordable) Father's Day gift that my dear hubby will cherish for years and years to come!! It's a sentimental piece that he'll likely hang in his office to remind him how much he's loved!

I'd like to give a Father's Day shout out to my wonderful husband! He truly is everything I could ever want in a man and a terrific father to our boys. I hope that they both grow up to be as amazing as he is!!! My boys and I are so blessed to have him!! Love you honey!!

I'd love to hear your Father's Day plans and gift ideas! Thanks for popping by!!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing woman, Thank You

Carly said...

You are SO creative!! I love it!!

Farrah and Keith said...

Turned out great! Love following your projects :)

Rust-Oleum said...

Tauja, what a great gift idea for Father's Day. Your project turned out great! Thank you so much for using Rust-Oleum to build…

- Rust-Oleum Scott

Tauja @ Simply Mod Mom said...

Thanks guys! It means so much to know that you're enjoying my crazy projects!!