Sunday, May 15, 2011

DIY Dollar Store Decor for Kids Rooms

I've been spending a lot more time at Dollar Tree these days and I've been amazed at some of the things I've found!! My latest & greatest Dollar Store find is this adorable vinyl "Wish it. Dream it. Do it." stickers for Kanon's closet!
  
Our old house had a full playroom for Kan so he was a bit bummed that our new house didn't have a special room for him & his toys. My solution was to turn his walk-in closet into a multi-functional space that stores his clothes, books, games, toys & more. I just added a chalboard dresser & dressed up the walls with a few of his school projects & the vinyl stickers.

I love vinyl rub ons & stickers because they're such a great and simple way to instantly add some pizzazz to your walls.  Plus, they're removable!! 

The adorable poster was a gift from his preschool teachers to commemorate the school year. It was hilarious to read some of the career goals these his classmates came up with! One of them listed "Ninja" as what he wants to be when he grows up-too cute. It's no surprise that my son wants to be a basketball player!!

So, back to the stickers-Can you believe they were just $1?? Crazy, right? I'm used to spending much more for vinyl rub ons, but now that I know how well these work, I'll definitely be popping back over to Dollar Tree for more!!!

What interesting decor finds have you scored from the Dollar Store? Thanks for popping by!!!
Photobucket

I'm linking up to...

 
UndertheTableandDreaming

No comments: