Wednesday, April 27, 2011

DIY Decor: Easy Pillows & Artwork

Here's the culprit-Christmasey pillow!
Do you have an area in your house that just needs an update?

We have a random corner in our sunroom that's been driving me nuts. It's just looked oh so empty since we removed the Christmas tree. To make matters worse, the throw pillow that had been on the chair was also Christmas themed.

Super easy pillowcase
I've sat in this room countless times, trying to figure out a solid solution. The last thing I wanted to do was spend any money, so I quickly looked around the house to see what I could repurpose. and came up with a cheap yet chic way to add style to this space.

Using an old empty picture frame and some remnant fabric-I was able to create instant art & an updated throw pillow.

After cutting a piece of fabric just the right size to fill my empty frame, I stepped things up a notch by using leftover fabric to make a coordinating pillow or in this case, pillowcase. I'm not great at tutorials-so check out this simple Pillow Tutorial at Bowl full of Lemons. Her pillows and blog are awesome-super Pottery Barn chic on the cheap!!

Ta-da...updated throw pillow!

Love how the pillow & frame complete this corner!

I'd love to hear your thoughts! How have you updated your space on the cheap?

Thanks for popping by! 
 
Photobucket

No comments: